Перейти к публикации

Любимые прогрессивные песни

Ablertus

Рекомендованные сообщения

Гость Книксен
Очень важным считаем начинание девицы Книксен по дальнейшей раскрутки вокально-инструментального квартета "Свинцовый Дерижопль".

B) девице Книксен сомпатична так же Custard Pie :rolleyes: :wub: :wub:

Ooh, ya, drop down, baby, let's go to sleep, yeah

Drop down, mama, lay down, just dream of me

Well, my mama allow me

I fool around all night long

Well, I may look like I'm crazy

I should know right from wrong

See me comin', throw your man out the door

Ain't no stranger, done been this way before

See me comin', mama, throw your man out the door

I ain't no stranger, I been this way before

Put on your night shirt and your morning gown

You know by night I'm gonna shake 'em down

Put on your night shirt

Mama, and your morning gown

Well, you know by night I'm

Surely gonna shake 'em down

Shake it, shake it

Ooh, your custard pie, yeah, sweet and nice

When you cut it, mama, save me a slice

Your custard pie, yeah

I declare, it's sweet and nice

Like your custard pie

When you cut it, mama

Mama, please save me a slice... oh

Chew on a piece of your custard pie

Drop down

Drop down

Drop down

Drop down

Drop down, yeah

Drop down

Drop down

• Ответы 205
  • Создано
  • Последний ответ

Помню, как году этак в 94-м написал что то типа Jethro Tull на белостежной стене у входа в ярус лорисноца (была такая тусовка в нашем городе, думаю прогрессивное человечество поняло о чем речь :)). И мою радость, когда через неделю увидел ту же стену полностью расписанной и разрисованной - стадный инстинкт однако :P

попытаюсь немного возвратить тему к тому с чего она начиналась:

King Crimson - The Night Watch Lyrics

Shine, shine, the light of good works shine

The watch before the city gates depicted in their prime

That golden light all grimy now

Three hundred years have passed

The worthy Captain and his squad of troopers standing fast

The artist knew their faces well

The husbands of his lady friends

His creditors and councillors

In armour bright, the merchant men

Official moments of the guild

In poses keen from bygone days

The city fathers frozen there

Upon the canvas dark with age

The smell of paint, a flask of wine

And turn those faces all to me

The blunderbuss and halberd-shaft

And Dutch respectability

They make their entrance one by one

Defenders of that way of life

The redbrick home, the bourgeoisie

Guitar lessons for the wife

So many years we suffered here

Our country racked with Spanish wars

Now comes a chance to find ourselves

And quiet reigns behind our doors

We think about posterity again

And so the pride of little men

The burghers good and true

Still living through the painter's hand

Request you all to understand

:wub:

попытаюсь немного возвратить тему к тому с чего она начиналась:

King Crimson - The Night Watch Lyrics

Shine, shine, the light of good works shine

The watch before the city gates depicted in their prime

That golden light all grimy now

Three hundred years have passed

The worthy Captain and his squad of troopers standing fast

The artist knew their faces well

The husbands of his lady friends

His creditors and councillors

In armour bright, the merchant men

Official moments of the guild

In poses keen from bygone days

The city fathers frozen there

Upon the canvas dark with age

The smell of paint, a flask of wine

And turn those faces all to me

The blunderbuss and halberd-shaft

And Dutch respectability

They make their entrance one by one

Defenders of that way of life

The redbrick home, the bourgeoisie

Guitar lessons for the wife

So many years we suffered here

Our country racked with Spanish wars

Now comes a chance to find ourselves

And quiet reigns behind our doors

We think about posterity again

And so the pride of little men

The burghers good and true

Still living through the painter's hand

Request you all to understand

:wub:

Тут некоторые отвественные товарищи намекают, что мол тема отошла от сути, мол все эти Дерижопли низко летают, малоинтеллектуальны, непрогрессивны, разжигают низкие страсти....Ничего подбного....

Вот например группа "Малиновский король" выпустила альбом "Ред" - замечательнейший альбом - и сразу распалась аж до 1980г, т.е. повела себя крайне безотвественно. А на сем альбоме - мрачная и длинная балада - (не хуже No Quarter) - кою и представляем сегодня....Вообщем шлем как есть.

Starless

(Cross/Fripp/Wetton/Palmer-James)

Sundown dazzling day

Gold through my eyes

But my eyes turned within

Only see

Starless and bible black

Ice blue silver sky

Fades into grey

To a grey hope that oh years to be

Starless and bible black

Old friend charity

Cruel twisted smile

And the smile signals emptiness

For me

Starless and bible black

1972 год. Группа Yes выпускает альбом , и на нем - одна из самых красивых и душещемительных (srtachmlik) мелодий в сокровищнице мировой музыки.

Heart Of The Sunrise

Love comes to you and you follow

Lose one on to the heart of the sunrise

SHARP-DISTANCE

How can the wind with its arms

All around me

Lost on a wave and then after

Dream on on to the heart of the sunrise

SHARP-DISTANCE

How can the wind with so many around me

Lost in the city

Lost in their eyes as you hurry by

Counting the broken ties they decide

Love comes to you and then after

Lost on a wave that you're dreaming

Dram on on to the heart of the sunrise

SHARP-DISTANCE

How can the wind with its arms all around

Me

SHARP-DISTANCE

I feel lost in the city

Lost in their eyes as you hurry by

Counting the broken ties they decided

Straightt light moving and removing

SHARPNESS of the colour sun shine

Straight light searching all the meanings

Of the song

Long last treatment of the telling that

Relates to all the words sung

Dreamer easy in the chair that really fits

You

Love comes to you and then after

SHARP-DISTANCE

How can the sun with its arms all around

Me

SHARP-DISTANCE

I feel lost in the city

Гость Книксен
Да, кстати своего рода вещь в себе. Крайне не прогрессивная, с тупо-гралемским текстом, .. у шат лавн а. Lavaguyn rabiz katarumnerin hech el chi zichum. :wow: :wow:

Isk en monetin vor asum a - when ye cut it mama , ara voobshe tanum a.

B) странно, как хорошо в рабизе разбираешься :hm: :hm:

ну а я продолжу :rolleyes:

Dimmu Borgir - "Puritania" :D

Let chaos entwine on defenseless soil

Remove errors of man and sweep all the weakening kind

I am war, I am pain

I am all you've ever slain

I am tears in your eyes

I am grief, I am lies

Bygone are tolerance and presence of grace

Scavengers are set out to cleanse the human filth parade

I am pure, I am true

I am all over you

I am laugh, I am smile

I am the earth defiled

I am the cosmic storms

I am the tiny worms

I am fear in the night

I am bringer of light

Dimmu Borgir - Burn in Hell :wub: (Дарится Мукучу :flower: )

Welcome to the abandoned land

Come on in, child, take my hand

Here there's no work or play

only one bill to pay

There's just five words to say

As you go down, down, down

You're gonna burn in hell

oh, burn in hell

You can't belive all the things i've done wrong in my life

Without even trying i"ve lived on the edge of a knife

Well, I've played with fire, but i don't want to get myself burned

To thine own self be true, so i think that it's time for a turn

before i burn in hell

oh, burn in hell

Hear no evil, don't you

see no evil, don't you

Lay no evil down on me

you're gonna burn in hell

Speak no evil, don't you

Think no evil, don't you

Play with evil, 'cause i'm free

Take a good look in your heart, tell me what do you see?

It's black and it's dark, now is that how you want it to be??

:hi:

Пытался найти слова хоть бы одной композиции The Nice... но нету нигде :find: :vaj-vaj:

п.с. про не-прогрессивность я не о свинцовых говорил кстати :hammer:

EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER - "THE SHERIFF"

sheriff.jpg

Wicked Josie rode away

In the sunset covered sky

A lynching mob had strung his friend up

Right before his eyes

He didn’t know what they’d both done

He sure as hell would end up one

A hot tin notch on the sheriff’s gun

If he didn’t move on

Get out of here

The sheriff followed josie’s journey

From kansas in the west

He said he’d put a bullet right

Through poor old josie’s chest

But josie wasn’t like the rest

He don’t like bullet holes in his vest

In fact he’d do his very best

Don’t want any arrest

Don’t want to be the guest

Of the sheriff

The nights got so damned cold

He couldn’t stand the pace

He looked again for sheriff’s men

But couldn’t see the chase

Josie found a nice warm place

But then the sheriff solved the case

Hoped to find josie’s face

And said lookie here...

Sheriff rode him into town

With josie look inside

He didn’t know about the six-gun

Wicked josie had

Then josie drew his gun real fast

Gave the sheriff one big blast

And josie was a song at last

A legend from the past

Nobody ever messed with the sheriff

Интересно было бы выяснить, что же ето за xрень такая - прог рок. Во что пишет саит progarchives.com:

A definition of Progressive Rock Music

Progressive rock ("prog") is an ambitious, eclectic, and often grandiose style of rock music which arose in the late 1960s principally in England, reaching the peak of its popularity in the early 1970s, but continuing as a musical form to this day. Progressive rock was largely a European movement, and drew most of its influences from classical music and jazz fusion, in contrast to American rock, which was influenced by rhythm & blues and country, although there are notable exceptions in the New World such as Kansas and Rush — considered by many to be the finest examples of the form. Over the years various sub-genres of progressive rock have emerged, such as symphonic rock, art rock and progressive metal.

Progressive rock artists sought to move away from the limitations of radio formatted rock and pop, and "progress" rock to the point that it could achieve the sophistication of jazz or classical music. It is admired by its fans for its complexity, requiring a high level of musical virtuosity to perform. Critics have often derided the genre as pompous and self-indulgent. This is because, unlike such stylistically consistent genres as country or hip hop, progressive rock is difficult to define in a single conclusive way. Outspoken King Crimson leader Robert Fripp has voiced his disdain for the term. The major acts that defined the genre in the 1970s (Yes, Genesis, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Rush and King Crimson) do not sound alike. There is also debate on whether bands such as The Beatles, Phish, and Radiohead belong to the genre.

Some common, though not universal, elements of progressive rock include:

Long compositions, sometimes running over 20 minutes, with intricate melodies and harmonies that require repeated listening to grasp. These are often described as epics and are the genre's clearest nod to classical music. An early example is the 23-minute "Echoes" by Pink Floyd. Other famous examples include Jethro Tull's "Thick as a Brick" (43 minutes), Yes' "Close to the Edge" (18 minutes) and Genesis' "Supper's Ready" (23 minutes). More recent extreme examples are the 60-minute "Light of Day, Day of Darkness" by Green Carnation and "Garden of Dreams" by The Flower Kings.

Lyrics that convey intricate and sometimes impenetrable narratives, covering such themes as science fiction, fantasy, history, religion, war, love, and madness. Many early 1970s progressive rock bands (especially German ones) featured lyrics concerned with left-wing politics and social issues.

Concept albums, in which a theme or storyline is explored throughout an entire album in a manner similar to a film or a play. In the days of vinyl, these were usually two-record sets with strikingly designed gatefold sleeves. Famous examples include The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway by Genesis, Tales from Topographic Oceans by Yes, 2112 by Rush, Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall by Pink Floyd, and the more recent Metropolis Part II: Scenes from a Memory by Dream Theater and Snow by Spock's Beard. Aqualung, perhaps the best-known record by Jethro Tull, is often regarded as a concept album due to its recurring themes, but songwriter Ian Anderson has always claimed that the album is just "a bunch of songs".

Unusual vocal styles and use of multi-part vocal harmonies. See Magma, Robert Wyatt, and Gentle Giant.

Prominent use of electronic instrumentation — particularly keyboard instruments such as the organ, piano, Mellotron, and Moog synthesizer, in addition to the usual rock combination of electric guitar, bass and drums.

Use of unusual time signatures, scales, or tunings. Many pieces use multiple time signatures and/or tempi, sometimes concurrently. Solo passages for virtually every instrument, designed to showcase the virtuosity of the player. This is the sort of thing that contributed to the fame of such performers as keyboardist Rick Wakeman and drummer Neil Peart.

Inclusion of classical pieces on albums. For example, Yes start their concerts with a taped extract of Stravinsky's Firebird suite, and Emerson Lake and Palmer have performed arrangements of pieces by Copland, Bartók, Moussorgsky, Prokofiev, Janacek, Alberto Ginastera, and often feature quotes from J. S. Bach in lead breaks. Jethro Tull recorded a famous cover of J. S. Bach's "Bouree", in which they turned the classical piece into a "sleazy jazzy night-club song", according to Ian Anderson. Marillion started concerts with Rossini's La Gazza Ladra (The Thieving Magpie). Symphony X has included parts by, or inspired by, Beethoven, Holst and Mozart.

An aesthetic linking the music with visual art, a trend started by The Beatles with Sgt. Pepper's and enthusiastically embraced during the prog heyday. Some bands became as well-known for the art direction of their albums as for their sound, with the "look" integrated into the band's overall musical identity. This led to fame for particular artists and design studios, most notably Roger Dean, whose paintings and logo design for Yes are so essential to the band's identity they could be said to serve the same function as corporate branding. Hipgnosis became equally famous for their unusual sleeves for Pink Floyd, often featuring experimental photography quite innovative for the time (two men shaking hands, one of whom is in flames, on the cover of Wish You Were Here). H.R. Giger's painting for Emerson Lake and Palmer's Brain Salad Surgery is one of the most famous album sleeves ever produced.

Progressive rock compositions sometimes take the following forms:

A piece that is subdivided into movements in the manner of a classical suite. Examples are the four-part "Close to the Edge" by Yes, six-part "Hemispheres" by Rush, and the seven-part "A Change of Seasons" by Dream Theater. All of TransAtlantic's epics are multipart.

A piece that is composed of a patchwork of musical themes that could conceivably stand as individual songs, but together serve to relate a complete narrative through music. Examples are "Supper's Ready" on Genesis' Foxtrot (the "Willow Farm" section of which was played as a single), "A Day in the Life" on Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by The Beatles, Jethro Tull's Aqualung from the album of the same name, and "The Gates of Delirium" on Yes's album Relayer (from which the single "Soon" was taken).

A piece that allows the development of musical ideas via progressions or variations in the manner of a bolero or a canon. "King Kong" on Frank Zappa's Uncle Meat is an example.

Progressive rock's popularity peaked in the mid-1970s, when prog artists regularly topped readers' votes in mainstream popular music magazines. With the advent of punk rock in the late 1970s, and its earlier precursor pub rock, popular and critical opinion moved toward a simpler and more aggressive style of rock, with progressive rock increasingly dismissed as pretentious and overblown. This attitude has remained in place to the present day.

The early 1980s saw something of a revival of the genre, led by artists such as Marillion, Saga, and Kate Bush. Groups that arose during this time are sometimes termed neo-progressive. Around the same time, some progressive rock stalwarts changed musical direction, simplifying their music and including more obviously electronic elements. In 1983, Genesis achieved international success with the song "Mama", with its heavy emphasis on a drum machine riff. In 1984, Yes had a surprise number one hit with the song "Owner of a Lonely Heart", which contained modern (for the time) electronic effects and was accessible enough to be played at discos.

The genre enjoyed another revival in the 1990s with the so-called "Third Wave", spearheaded by such bands as Sweden's The Flower Kings, the UK's Porcupine Tree, and Spock's Beard from the United States. One of the most important bands of the alternative rock movement, The Smashing Pumpkins, incorporated progressive rock into their unique, eclectic style, going so far as to release two albums dealing with the same concept.

In recent years, the most commercially viable category of prog has been progressive metal. These bands are usually happy to be known as progressive, and produce very long pieces and concept albums. Several of the leading bands in the prog-metal genre (particularly Dream Theater) cite pioneer progressive hard-rockers Rush as a prime influence. Meanwhile, other heavy metal bands not generally considered prog-metal, such as System of a Down, have nevertheless incorporated prog-influenced elements like bizarre shifts in time signatures and tempo in their music.

The work of contemporary artists such as Ween and post-rock bands like Sigur Rós and Godspeed You! Black Emperor could be said to incorporate some of the experimental elements of progressive rock, sometimes combined with the aesthetic sensibilities of punk rock to produce music which many find challenging, innovative and imaginative. The Mars Volta is notable for intentionally fusing punk with progressive rock, two elements once polar opposites. Among more experimental and avant garde musicians, the Japanese composer Takashi Yoshimatsu publicly cites progressive rock bands as a prime influence on his work.

This article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. It uses material from the Wikipedia article "Progressive rock".

GRYPHON

The Unquiet Grave

(Trad. arr. Gryphon)

Cold blows the wind to my true love and gently drops the rain

I only had but one true love and in greenwood she lies slain

I'll do as much for my true love as any young man may

I'll sit and mourn along her grave for a twelve-month and a day

When the twelve months and one day was past the ghost began to speak:

"Why sit thou'st here along my grave and will not let me sleep?"

"There's one thing that I want sweetheart, there's one thing that I crave

And that is a kiss from your lily white lips then I'll go from your grave"

"My lips they are as cold as clay my breath smells earthy strong

And if you kiss my cold clay lips your days they won't be long

Go fetch me water from the desert and blood from out of stone

Go fetch me milk from a fair maid's breast that a young man never had known"

'Twas down in Cupid's Garden where you and I would walk

The finest flower that ever I saw is withered to a stalk

The stalk is withered and dry sweetheart the flower will ne'er return

And since I lost my one true love what can I do but mourn?

"When shall we meet again sweetheart? When shall we meet again?"

"Ere the oaken leaves that fall from the trees are green and spring up again"

gryphon.jpg

Gryphon_band_1974.jpg

Оззи я много писал- году эдак в 87-ом :) Помню, мы с ребятами совершили тогда большой подвиг- щас правда не поймут. Написали Оззи по бюстом Маркса- который у Политеха :) Потом три дня ждали, когда за нами ГБ придет :lol:

Кстати, а после этого он больше не наведывался в СНГ? Я, честно говоря, и не в курсе.

Архивировано

Эта тема находится в архиве и закрыта для дальнейших сообщений.

• Наш выбор

• Ани - город 1001 церкви
      Самая красивая, самая роскошная, самая богатая… Такими словами можно характеризовать жемчужину Востока - город АНИ, который долгие годы приковывал к себе внимание, благодаря исключительной красоте и величию. Даже сейчас, когда от города остались только руины, он продолжает вызывать восхищение.
      Город Ани расположен на высоком берегу одного из притоков реки Ахурян.

• 4 ответа
    • В БЕРЛИНЕ БОЛЬШЕ НЕТ АЗЕРБАЙДЖАНА
      Конец азербайджанской истории в Университете им. Гумбольдта: Совет студентов резко раскритиковал кафедру, финансируемую режимом. Кафедра, финансируемая со стороны, будет ликвидирована.
      • 1 ответ
    • Фильм: "Арцах непокорённый. Дадиванк"  Автор фильма, Виктор Коноплёв
      Фильм: "Арцах непокорённый. Дадиванк"
      Автор фильма Виктор Коноплёв.
      • 0 ответов
    • В Риме изберут Патриарха Армянской Католической церкви
      В сентябре в Риме пройдет епископальное собрание, в рамках которого планируется избрание Патриарха Армянской Католической церкви.

Об этом сообщает VaticanNews.

Ранее, 22 июня, попытка избрать патриарха провалилась, поскольку ни один из кандидатов не смог набрать две трети голосов, а это одно из требований, избирательного синодального устава восточных церквей.

Отмечается, что новый патриарх заменит Григора Петроса, который скончался в мае 2021 года. С этой целью в Рим приглашены епископы Армянской Католической церкви, служащие в епархиях различных городов мира.

Епископы соберутся в Лионской духовной семинарии в Риме. Выборы начнутся под руководством кардинала Леонардо Сантри 22 сентября.

• 0 ответов
    • History of Modern Iran
      Решил познакомить вас, с интересными материалами специалиста по истории Ирана.
      Уверен, найдете очень много интересного.

Edward Abrahamian, "History of Modern Iran". 
      "В XIX веке европейцы часто описывали Каджарских шахов как типичных "восточных деспотов". Однако на самом деле их деспотизм существовал лишь в виртуальной реальности. 
      Власть шаха была крайне ограниченной из-за отсутствия государственной бюрократии и регулярной армии. Его реальная власть не простиралась далее столицы. Более того, его авторитет практически ничего не значил на местном уровне, пока не получал поддержку региональных вельмож
      • 4 ответа
  • Сейчас в сети   8 пользователей, 0 анонимных, 197 гостей (Полный список)

• День рождения сегодня

Нет пользователей для отображения

• Сейчас в сети

197 гостей
    OLD MEN Firefly ст. л-т luc w i t o melkum tailor Абрикос
  • Сейчас на странице

Нет пользователей, просматривающих эту страницу.

• Сейчас на странице

• Нет пользователей, просматривающих эту страницу.

• Создать...